My Photo
Name:
Location: Mount Albert, Ontario, Canada

I am a writer, a dreamer, looking for my voice, figuring out my passions and my purpose. Desperate to grow how He wants. I am a mom, with three beautiful girls, an awesome son, and the BEST husband ever. It is my Saviour and Lord Jesus and the support of family and friends that allow me to make this change and move towards healing.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

For Hard Times. . .

This is going to seem like a strange blog, I hear people saying now "why would you be thankful for hard times?" Well there are so many reasons. One is that I find during the really hard times is when I gravitate towards Jesus, cling to him for comfort and as a result grow deeper in my relationship with him. Another reason is that it makes me stronger. Every hard time results in me just being a little stronger and more able to handle the next hard time that might come my way. A third reason is that I really believe it develops character. The more I have to struggle with, the more empathy I have for others who are struggling, the more understanding I am of those who are not in the place I am in. My character grows and that is always a good thing. Now don't' take this blog that I want hard times. I think I have had enough hard times to last a life time, and peace and joy from here on out would be great. However if I need to grow in my character, if I need to grow in my relationship with Christ, if I need to be stronger (and I will always need those things) than I can see hard times as a gift because when I come to the other end I will be a better person for it. I also can see it as a gift because when you come out at the other side, then you can enjoy the peace and joy and you tend not to take it for granted. "Surely it was for my benefit that I suffered such anguish. In your love you kept me from the pit of destruction; you have put all my sins behind your back." Isaiah 38:17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home