My Photo
Name:
Location: Mount Albert, Ontario, Canada

I am a writer, a dreamer, looking for my voice, figuring out my passions and my purpose. Desperate to grow how He wants. I am a mom, with three beautiful girls, an awesome son, and the BEST husband ever. It is my Saviour and Lord Jesus and the support of family and friends that allow me to make this change and move towards healing.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

For Cream in my Coffee. . .

So I have been on a diet off and on for a bit now, and so when I am on the diet it of course involves taking certain things out of what you eat. So for me it has been dairy, sugar and carbs. Now you don't take all these things out of your diet forever but just for a certain amount of time and now that the diet is over we go on maintenance which means you can start to add those things back into your diet in moderation. So today being the first day of maintenance, I was able to add back into my diet some dairy. That means cream in my coffee. What a wonderful treat my coffee was to me this morning. Whenever you remove something from your life however small you begin to see what you take for granted. What you have just become so used to that you don't even really enjoy the flavor anymore. That cup of coffee this morning was so delicious it was like I was tasting coffee again for the first time. Whenever you really want to enjoy something, just don't let yourself have it for awhile and then the flavor will be so rich it will amaze you. Today it is this really simple thing, like cream in my coffee that I am thankful for. Thankful to move into a different phase of the diet and thankful that I can really enjoy the very simple things like cream in my coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home