My Photo
Name:
Location: Mount Albert, Ontario, Canada

I am a writer, a dreamer, looking for my voice, figuring out my passions and my purpose. Desperate to grow how He wants. I am a mom, with three beautiful girls, an awesome son, and the BEST husband ever. It is my Saviour and Lord Jesus and the support of family and friends that allow me to make this change and move towards healing.

Friday, September 04, 2015

Another Chapter . . .

Wasn't it just yesterday that you graduated grade 8. . .
Another chapter is here and you race forward with abandon. Anxious to test your wings, to fly high, to pursue your dreams. Another chapter is here and your future beckons you forward, and although there is some anxiety, there is more excitement and joy for what might be right around the corner. Another chapter here and you are called away from the nest, you are ready, you are strong, you have faith beneath you, family behind you, your love beside you, and you've learned so much, developed so much. You have grown so much, conquered so much, become so much. You are beautiful inside and out, strong and confident and in every way my fire child. Another chapter is here and I am not ready. . . but you are and that means despite how heart-broken I am, I have done my job as a Mom and when I look at you, your confidence, your poise, your grace, your faith---I know I have done well. I still remember when you came into our life, almost 19 years ago and they put you in my arms, this tiny little girl with black hair. I was so terrified, terrified of all the chapters that lay ahead. I was terrified of all the days before us, I felt ill prepared and was positive I was going to mess up and therefore mess you up. As I gaze into this new chapter once again I am terrified because you are so strong and so ready that you will never need to look back, you are ready to expand your wings take flight and climb to the highest of your dreams. You can climb, you can succeed, you have all it takes to be whatever you want, whatever He has called you to be, but I feel ill prepared once again, because now I face all the new chapters on the side lines, now I get to watch you reach your dreams and I am the cheerleader because you have all you need inside you. So fire-child, as you take flight remember your nest is always here, I will always have your back, and as you climb and fly and fight for your dreams and passions, don't forget to take those moments to soar and enjoy where you are, enjoy what you have accomplished and bask in His pleasure; you have listened to His calling and are using the gifts He put in you from the very start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home