My Photo
Name:
Location: Mount Albert, Ontario, Canada

I am a writer, a dreamer, looking for my voice, figuring out my passions and my purpose. Desperate to grow how He wants. I am a mom, with three beautiful girls, an awesome son, and the BEST husband ever. It is my Saviour and Lord Jesus and the support of family and friends that allow me to make this change and move towards healing.

Sunday, January 07, 2018

Death. . .

It surprises me when you show up, unannounced and take your icy hands to claim a soul. It's like I forgot that you are an everyday presence and no one is safe. There was a time when I knew that, where I did not feel safe and knew your shadow well; You paced behind me daily and I could feel your cool breath on my neck. There were times you even got close enough that I needed to fight with all I had not to get pulled into your deep dark sleep, and surprisingly I managed to outpace you. I survived your constant stalking and you did not claim me, somehow I managed to outwit you. Then there were those years that I actively sought you out, with pills and razors and I became your stalker. We danced this tango of desire, yours for my breath--mine for eternal sleep and then life moved on and I forgot you. I forgot how truly vicious and and cowardly you are for you rarely claim the ones who seek you You prefer rather to sneak up and take the ones who want to stay and have so many reasons to stay. Ones whose lives leave an impact, who have a voice for good. Those are the ones you catch unaware and snatch before we can say good-bye, before they are finished. Cruel death you have struck again and 2018 has started on the bitterest of notes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home